Expo Build iOS - Asset Update and Image resize issue

SCENARIO -

Updating app Icon asset with a new one.

ISSUE -

Error: Failed to resize an image: AppIcon20x20@3x.png. (Error: Input file is missing or of an unsupported…)

The issue i have found with IconUrl generated and available in the manifest during a build process.

If I try to access this IconUrl from the manifest of failed build - it’s having an access issue.

However, if i rollback by replacing with old asset and run the build, I am able to generate a file without any issue. And IconUrl from the build log was accessible.

Tried a couple of ways to solve this -

By clearing react native cache and changed build version. Not helped with this issue.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.

FAILED BUILD LOGS:

❌Failed

iOS build

▼reading manifest

@"}

Error: Failed to resize image: AppIcon20x20@3x.png. (Error: Input file is missing or of an unsupported

https://d1wp6m56sqw74a.cloudfront.net/~assets/acc5ccd48dffd0ab74db0898fd909b3a"

SUCCESSFUL BUILD LOGS

▼reading manifest

Using manifest: {"android":"default","hostUri":"exp.host/@"}

No issue with NSConfiguration bundle this time. Able to access asset in the browser.

Thanks dsokal.

one quick question, Is this entry in app.json mandatory for outside of the asset bundle to work and not part of the prefetch? If yes, then this key information is missing in the app.json configuration guide.

Reading offline support guide, it looks to me that this entry is mandatory for any asset referenced using request or absolute path to work during publish.

GJ

I have included this assetBundlePatterns and start the project and publish it.
Still having that same url is being used in the publish:details log for that run.

Tried to clear the cache and reinstall all of the dependencies and tried. Still the result is same.

APPRECIATE ANY HELP ON THIS.

GJ

When adding this assetBundlePatterns to app.json.
Getting this error

[11:33:47] Uploading assets

[11:33:47] No assets to upload, skipped.

[11:33:47] Processing asset bundle patterns:

[11:33:47] - /Users/gnanajo/Desktop/onlydue/**/*

[11:33:47] Cannot read property 'forEach' of undefined

Then i have updated pattern to “asset/*” then it worked. But the asset is not getting uploaded. Is there any solution to this “forEach” problem while processing asset bundle patterns.

Thanks dsokal for your support.

I have figured it out the issue. “forEach” issue is because of how i have configured my package.json for react-native.

followed the upgrade guide for sdk 31 and able to solve this.

Thanks a lot.

GJ

How to fix it.Could you help me? my problem thank you

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.