expo build:ios - Development Provisioning Profile

Is there a way to generate a provisioning profile for development instead of a distribution provisioning profile?

I am trying to upload my .ipa file to my phone using XCode for testing purposes but I keep getting the error “App installation failed: A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.”. I see expo is successfully creating a distribution profile but there is not one being created for development. The app I am building is for personal use and I don’t intend on adding it to the App Store.

I have looked through this documentation (https://docs.expo.io/versions/latest/distribution/building-standalone-apps/) and here on the forum but can’t find any mention of how to create a development provisioning profile. There was one forum thread that mentioned something similar but was closed without any answer.

Is this possible or am I missing something?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hey @eschoni,

Unfortunately we don’t provide dev build support on our builders.

Cheers,

Adam

Hey Adam,

Thanks for the reply!

That would be awesome if it’s something that could be supported in the future. I am sure there is a huge list of items already in the que but adding dev support would be a nice feature.

Expo is awesome! Thank you and the team for all the hard work!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.