expo build stuck on "Building iOS bundle"

I’ve been trying to build for over an hour and a half. I’ve tried building several times. Here’s the output of the latest:

expo build:ios
Checking if there is a build in progress...

Please enter your Apple Developer Program account credentials. These credentials are needed to manage certificates, keys and provisioning profiles in your Apple Developer account.
The password is only used to authenticate with Apple and never stored.
? Apple ID: [hidden]
? Password (for [hidden]): [hidden]
✔ Authenticated with Apple Developer Portal successfully!
Only 1 team associated with your account, using Apple Team with ID: [hidden]
We do not have some credentials for you: Apple Distribution Certificate, Apple Push Notifications service key, Apple Provisioning Profile
? How would you like to upload your credentials? Expo handles all credentials, you can still provide overrides
? Will you provide your own Apple Distribution Certificate? Let Expo handle the process
✔ Didn't find any previously uploaded Apple Distribution Certificate
? Will you provide your own Apple Push Notifications service key? Let Expo handle the process
✔ Didn't find any previously uploaded Apple Push Notifications service key
⠴ Ensuring App ID exists on Apple Developer Portal...
✔ Ensured App ID exists on Apple Developer Portal!
We're going to generate:
- Apple Distribution Certificate
- Apple Push Notifications service key
- Apple Provisioning Profile
✔ Generated Apple Distribution Certificate
✔ Generated Apple Push Notifications service key
✔ Generated Apple Provisioning Profile
Encrypted credentials and saved to the Expo servers
Publishing to channel 'default'...
Building iOS bundle

Running expo build:status gives:

expo build:status
Fetching build history...

No currently active or previous builds for this project.

I’m not being given any reason for why it is stuck.
I checked Service Status — Standalone Builds — Expo and iOS builds do appear to be completing

Hey @gurs1kh,

Did this resolve for you? If not, can you let me know the Build ID for the stuck build?

Cheers,
Adam

I can seem to build now, but it appears the build is invalid when I run expo upload:ios:

ERROR ITMS-90596: "Invalid Bundle. The asset catalog at 'Payload/ExpoKitApp.app/Assets.car' can't be processed. Rebuild your app, and all included extensions and frameworks, with the latest GM version of Xcode and resubmit."
Return status of iTunes Transporter was 1: ERROR ITMS-90596: "Invalid Bundle. The asset catalog at 'Payload/ExpoKitApp.app/Assets.car' can't be processed. Rebuild your app, and all included extensions and frameworks, with the latest GM version of Xcode and resubmit."
The call to the iTMSTransporter completed with a non-zero exit status: 1. This indicates a failure.
Failed to upload the standalone app to the app store.
Error uploading ipa file, for more information see above

What be done about this?

Additional info:

"expo": "^32.0.0",
"react": "16.5.0",
"react-native": "https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-32.0.0.tar.gz",

What version of Xcode are you running? If it’s not 10+, you’ll want to update.

Thanks, that helped.
Last issue now is that after installing the app from TestFlight, I’m getting this error:
Unhandled JS Exception: Module AppRegistry is not a registered callable module (calling runApplication)

1 Like

Update: I resolved the issue by running expo start --no-dev --minify which gave a more specific error message.
Thanks for all your help @adamjnav and the rest of the Expo team!

1 Like

Happy to hear you got it figured out! Whenever you get this type of error - Module AppRegistry is not a registered callable module (calling runApplication) - it indicates that a JS error occurred that prevents the app from even doing the initial pass through executing code such that it’s able to run AppRegistry.registerApplication.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.