expo CLI reports IOS upload fails, but upload works

Hi,

We are experiencing that our build agent fails because of some error with uploading to the app store. But the .ipa-file is successfully uploaded to the app store. We can swallow the error (and need to, for our build engine to continue) but I would like to know what is causing the error?

I think it could be something to do to with owner and team. Currently we use a team members apple credentials to build and release with, because it does not require 2 factor auth. We are not using our owner yet, because it requires 2 factor auth to apple, and I havn’t figured out how to set this up in our build agent yet. Could this be the issue?

Logs from build:
expo build:ios --non-interactive --no-publish

[10:42:20] Accessing credentials on behalf of <Owner> in project <Name of project>
[10:42:23] Unable to validate distribution certificate due to insufficient Apple Credentials
[10:42:23] Unable to validate Push Keys due to insufficient Apple Credentials
- Performing best effort validation of Provisioning Profile...

✔ Successfully performed best effort validation of Provisioning Profile.

Logs from upalod:
expo upload:ios --non-interactive --sku <someSKU> --apple-id <Other apple id than owner> --apple-id-password ***

[10:55:33] Failed to upload the standalone app to the app store.
[10:55:33] Unexpected token N in JSON at position 0
[10:55:33] SyntaxError: Unexpected token N in JSON at position 0
    at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
    at runFastlaneAsync (/Users/runner/.config/yarn/global/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/upload/utils.ts:75:20)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)
    at IOSUploader._uploadToTheStore (/Users/runner/.config/yarn/global/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/upload/IOSUploader.ts:248:5)
    at IOSUploader.upload (/Users/runner/.config/yarn/global/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/upload/BaseUploader.ts:33:5)
    at /Users/runner/.config/yarn/global/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/upload.ts:120:9
    at Command.<anonymous> (/Users/runner/.config/yarn/global/node_modules/expo-cli/src/exp.ts:79:7)

I run this on our build agent so i don’t have expo diagnostics. If its important i can get it later. We are using the newest version of expo CLI, ‘expo-cli@3.24.2’ and expo version 38.0.8

I’ve been fighting with same problem quite a time already and I use two factor authentication so that is not solution for this problem. For me the problem is show stopper because the application is not uploaded to app store.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.