Expo client accesibility

Hello!
I hope you are well.
I am writing to you for the following. I’m a blind developer and I’m testing expo client for iPhone. In general I haven’t had any problems and I can use it well, but I have a little problem.
To be able to read the iPhone screen I use a screen reader called Voiceover. What is happening is that when I make the interface of my application to be shown, Voiceover not only reads the controls of my app, but also reads other controls of the app expo, for example the tabs projects, diagnostics or profile, even though they are not being shown on the screen. If I fill the screen with controls this stops happening, but if I have a screen that is not completely full it keeps happening. Is there a way you can fix this?

Thank you very much in advance

1 Like

hi there, this has been resolved on the master branch as of several weeks ago but sadly we have been unable to release an update to the app store recently. really sorry for the hassle, we’re doing our best to get an update out mostly likely this will be available in sdk33, which may take a few more weeks.

3 Likes