Expo Client from App Store Crash on Launch

I downloaded the latest version of expo client from iOS App store, and upon launching it, I am immediately shown the error message “Unhandled JS Exception: Module AppRegistry is not a registered callable module.”

It is very strange because I downloaded the Expo client from the app store on another iOS device afterward and it opens without any issue. Has anyone encountered this issue before? Could any iOS setting prevent Expo from running correctly?

Hmm…the Expo app itself is failing to open? Or you’re trying to open an app you’re developing and then receive that error?

If it’s the former, I’d try uninstalling and reinstalling (never seen that happen before so if that doesn’t work we can go from there :smile: ). If it’s the latter, that error message usually indicates a bug in your app somewhere

As bizarre as it may sound, it is the Expo app (or any app that is developed with Expo) that is failing to launch. The full story is that I have a stable version of an enterprise application being distributed among users. Everything seems fine until one user reveals that the enterprise app failed to open on her device. Upon inspecting the device, I found that her device cannot launch any app that is developed with Expo - including the Expo app from iOS App store - for an unknown reason.

Since the “Unhandled JS Exception: Module AppRegistry is not a registered callable module.” does not give any insight to the problem, I was wondering if anyone else encountered this issue before.

Yeah that message, unfortunately, gives very little information. Like I said, usually just indicates a bug in the code somewhere

What device/version is the affected device?

The device affected is an iPhone XS Max running iOS 12.0 (Build 16A366). Just did a test on an iPhone XS running 12.0 (Build 16A366) and downloaded Expo but see no issue.