Expo Compatible Rich Text or HTML Editor?

Has anybody come across a rich text or HTML editor that is compatible with Expo without having to detach a project? I’ve found several for react-native, but they all require linking to native code.

Hey @reggie3

Sorry there isn’t something that is ideal for your use case…

Another solution you can deploy is to use a react native web view and use your favorite javascript rich text library, such as DraftJS ( GitHub - facebook/draft-js: A React framework for building text editors. ) or Slate ( GitHub - ianstormtaylor/slate: A completely customizable framework for building rich text editors. (Currently in beta.) ).

That sounds like it will work for what I’m trying to do as long as I can get the contents from the text editor somehow. Do you know of any examples of what you’re describing?

You can send messages out of the webview using https://facebook.github.io/react-native/docs/webview.html#onmessage

Were you able to figure this one out? Was wondering if you found an alternative without having to eject from expo.

@jm90m I ended up creating an npm package that incorporates the quill.js editor. The package is called react-native-webview-quilljs. It doesn’t yet work on expo apps in production, but I hope to have that issue fixed by the end of next week.

Awesome man, looking forward to it, I’ll check out your github repo.

@reggie3 thanks again for your time and reply.

I was able to get the package working on production apps. However, one problem I’ve found is that the font is surprisingly small on iOS devices.

1 Like

Hi there,

Is all the issues have been sorted? Can we use this editor now? Will it work in all devices?

Also, how can we use deep linking in expo bare flow? (Apology asking here.)