Expo Eject problems

Hi,

I am new to ios development and having a lot of problems with running expo eject as I want to use some native ios components. I built a simple instagram-like app and ran expo eject and got the following message:

:heavy_check_mark: App configuration (app.json) updated.
:heavy_check_mark: Created native project directories (./ios and ./android) and updated .gitignore.
:heavy_check_mark: Updated package.json and added index.js entry point for iOS and Android.
:heavy_check_mark: Installed JavaScript dependencies.

:warning: iOS configuration applied with warnings that should be fixed:

• supportsTablet: You will need to configure this in the “General” tab for your project target in Xcode.
  • icon: This is the image that your app uses on your home screen, you will need to configure it manually.
  • splash: This is the image that your app uses on the loading screen, we recommend installing and using expo-splash-screen. Details.

:warning: Android configuration applied with warnings that should be fixed:

• splash: This is the image that your app uses on the loading screen, we recommend installing and using expo-splash-screen. Details.
  • icon: This is the image that your app uses on your home screen, you will need to configure it manually.

:heavy_check_mark: Installed pods and initialized Xcode workspace.

:warning: Your app includes 2 packages that require additional setup in order to run:

:arrow_right: Next steps

• :point_up_2: Review the logs above and look for any warnings (:warning: ) that might need follow-up.
  • :bulb: You may want to run npx @react-native-community/cli doctor to help install any tools that your app may need to run your native projects.
  • :key: Download your Android keystore (if you’re not sure if you need to, just run the command and see): expo fetch:android:keystore
  • :rocket: expo-updates has been configured in your project. Before you do a release build, make sure you run expo publish. Learn more.

:ballot_box_with_check: When you are ready to run your project
To compile and run your project in development, execute one of the following commands:

• npm run ios
  • npm run android
  • npm run web

Afterwards, I fixed them by following the instructions. For tablet, I set it to false in app.json. I added a icon.png and a splash.png in the assets folder. I checked the xcode workspace to ensure that it had the necessary usage descriptions in the info.plist.

This is the error I get when trying to build my code after ejecting:

error Failed to build iOS project. We ran “xcodebuild” command but it exited with error code 65. To debug build logs further, consider building your app with Xcode.app, by opening instagram.xcworkspace. Run CLI with --verbose flag for more details.

For reference I am on expo --version 3.21.13 and xcode 11.4

Thanks!

1 Like

You will need to install react-native-unimodules and after installation, you can then proceed to eject Installing react-native-unimodules - Expo Documentation