Expo kit eject not working because android name error

I’m trying to expo eject from my react native project as I need to install some custom native modules.

However when I get to the point of naming the android package it comes with an error no matter what I call it.

? What would you like your Android package name to be?

Invalid format of Android package name (only alphanumeric characters, ‘.’ and ‘_’ are allowed,
and each ‘.’ must be followed by a letter)

any help would be much appreciated?

Thanks

PS: copied from closed issue by inactivity from:

https://forums.expo.dev/t/expo-kit-android-name-not-working/20074

The output of expo diagnostics was:

Expo CLI 2.15.4 environment info:
    System:
      Shell: 5.3 - /bin/zsh
    Binaries:
      Node: 11.10.1 - /usr/local/bin/node
      Yarn: 1.7.0 - ~/.yarn/bin/yarn
      npm: 6.7.0 - /usr/local/bin/npm
      Watchman: 4.9.0 - /usr/local/bin/watchman
    IDEs:
      Xcode: 10.2.1/10E1001 - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
    npmPackages:
      expo: ^32.0.0 => 32.0.6 
      react: 16.5.0 => 16.5.0 
      react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-32.0.0.tar.gz => 0.57.1 
      react-navigation: ^3.8.1 => 3.8.1 
    npmGlobalPackages:
      expo-cli: 2.15.4

Thanks in advance.

Hey @feidakila,

Just to be certain, the value of your package property follows those aforementioned rules correct? If so, could you try running rm -rf .expo and seeing if that helps. If not, perhaps try uninstalling and re-installing expo-cli globally.

One last thing to try is init’ing a new project and seeing if ejecting that works.

Cheers,
Adam

Have tried a lot of combinations following the rules, for example: fit, fitDroid, fitdroid, fit2, fit_droid, etc.
Deleting .expo folder does not work
Re-installing expo-cli does not work either (npm uninstall -g expo-cli && npm install -g expo-cli)

The same happens for a newly created either Blank or Tabs project.

Eject works for React Native option but not for Expo Kit option, does not pass the android app name verification.

any ideas?

any patch coming soon?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.