expo-notification iOS badge issue

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 39
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS

According to documentation Sending Notifications with Expo's Push API - Expo Documentation and some experiments the notification badge on iOS does not work the same as on Android and how it would be expected, i. e.: the badge count on the app icon should automatically sync with the active (un-dismissed) notifications.

Instead, on iOS it is expected to specify the badge number when sending the push notification from the server side - a badge number that does not add up automatically.
Also the badge number has to manually be updated on client side to be kept in sync with active notifications.

Is my understanding of the expected behaviour correct, am I experiencing a bug or am I miss-using the expo notifications tools?

Regards,
Mihai

1 Like

Same issue here. up!

1 Like

Hello @rxp-staging, Iā€™m facing the exact same scenario and this exact same question came to my mind.

Hopefully someone more experienced in that matter will be able to explain that. :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.