expo publish/build:ios - Request failed with status code 404

I just a published one of my test projects successfully. Can you two (@nubo30 and @thillin) try creating a new project under your account and see if you are able to publish?

@adamjnav I just tried too (with the same account and with a personal account), but I’m getting the same error (404).

I pinged you on slack for additional support (as indicated in the professional services email).

Are you available there ?

Hi @adamjnav,

Thanks for coming back and for your help with this.

I’ve just created a new project and it worked, however copying my project files over to the new, working project files seems to then result in the same error. I’ve detailed my steps below as maybe I’ve copied over a file which carries over settings by accident?

1. Create new project (expo init, cd [project-dir] && yarn start, expo publish) - worked as expected
  2. expo eject (expoKit), expo publish - worked
  3. Copied over just the assets folder from the failing project to the working one and expo publish - worked (my 404 always came as it was uploading assets so I thought this worth testing)
  4. Copied over all other project files (essentially everything other than all hidden files (.expo, .git etc. and app.json) and expo publish - this then resulted in exactly the same 404 error.

It’s also worth noting the original failing project used Expo SDK 33, whereas the new project (both before and after the error) used Expo SDK 34, so I don’t think it’s related to this.

Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to assist!

1 Like

@thillin, in step 4, was this only JavaScript/TypeScript files or also the package.json? package-lock.json/yarn.lock? Anything else?

@wodin This did also include the package.json/yarn.lock for step 4.

I can attempt the above again without the node modules and package.json if this would be of use? It’ll obviously break my build but if it’s useful for the purpose of debugging I’m happy to do so.

It probably won’t help, I suppose, but it might be worth taking a close look at the differences between the package.json from the working/non-working apps, and if that turns up nothing, then do the same for yarn.lock.

e.g. maybe try installing dependencies one at a time in the working app to see if things start breaking after one of them. I wouldn’t expect this to be the problem, but I don’t know what else to suggest at this point.

Hey @thillin,

I was working with @argonav yesterday and we determined that the error, at least for their case, was the result of their JS bundle being too large. We recently added a 30MB limit to request uploads, but unfortunately the proper error code is getting swallowed and spit out as a 404 rather than a 413. So it’s likely that your assets upload is too large. What do you have for assets?

1 Like

Hi @adamjnav,

Ah, this would make sense. When you say a 30mb limit, is this for the total bundle or for individual files/assets?

There’s some audio files in the bundle which will push it above the 30mb limit. Is there anything that can be done to circumvent this issue other than removing the audio?

Ey @adamjnav, I do that and work, but when I’m try publish my real project, the problem persist.

• I’ve created a new project and I installed everything from zero, but this not work too.

El El mié, 4 de sep. de 2019 a las 1:29 p. m., Adam Navarro via Forums expo@discoursemail.com escribió:

Hey @nubo30, as I mentioned above this is most likely an issue with either your assets or JS bundle being over 30 MB which is too large to upload.

@adamjnav thanks for everything you do for us!

I’ve erase my assests and the problem persists :frowning:

El El jue, 5 de sep. de 2019 a las 2:06 p. m., Adam Navarro via Forums expo@discoursemail.com escribió:

Can you analyze your JS bundle and see what the size is? You can try Issues · IjzerenHein/react-native-bundle-visualizer · GitHub

1 Like

Ey @adamjnav hello again!

The size of my bundle does not exceed 16M, except for the node_modules folder, its size is 624M.
And to be more precise, the size of the assets is 12M.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.