Expo publish crash - PackagerLogsStream?

Expo publish is crashing when I try to publish my project. Normal debug build seems to go OK, but the production build is giving “Metro Bundler has encountered an internal error, please check your terminal error output for more details”. The console of the Expo XDE gives:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'description' of undefined
    at logs.forEach.log (/tmp/.mount_mo627l/usr/bin/resources/app/node_modules/xdl/build/logs/PackagerLogsStream.js:285:72)
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at _updateLogs.logs (/tmp/.mount_mo627l/usr/bin/resources/app/node_modules/xdl/build/logs/PackagerLogsStream.js:282:14)
    at PackagerLogsStream.updateLogs [as _updateLogs] (file:///tmp/.mount_mo627l/usr/bin/resources/app/build/renderer.js:278:28335)
    at PackagerLogsStream._handleUpdateBundleTransformProgress (/tmp/.mount_mo627l/usr/bin/resources/app/node_modules/xdl/build/logs/PackagerLogsStream.js:277:12)
    at PackagerLogsStream._handleBundleTransformEvent.chunk [as _handleBundleTransformEvent] (/tmp/.mount_mo627l/usr/bin/resources/app/node_modules/xdl/build/logs/PackagerLogsStream.js:72:16)
    at PackagerLogsStream._handleMetroEvent (/tmp/.mount_mo627l/usr/bin/resources/app/node_modules/xdl/build/logs/PackagerLogsStream.js:180:12)
    at Object.write (/tmp/.mount_mo627l/usr/bin/resources/app/node_modules/xdl/build/logs/PackagerLogsStream.js:164:18)
    at Logger._emit (/tmp/.mount_mo627l/usr/bin/resources/app/node_modules/@expo/bunyan/lib/bunyan.js:920:22)
    at Logger.info (/tmp/.mount_mo627l/usr/bin/resources/app/node_modules/@expo/bunyan/lib/bunyan.js:1042:24)

Does anyone have any tips on how best to debug this?

Hi-

Can you share your whole code here? It will be almost impossible to figure out what’s going on without that.

A github link or a tgz or something would work.

OK - I banged on it until it started working again. It seems blowing away my node_modules and re-yarn-ing seemed to do the trick…

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.