expo publish error

I can’t publish my app I got this error:

exp publish
There is a new version of exp available (57.2.0).
You are currently using exp 57.0.0
Run `npm install -g exp` to get the latest version
[20:49:56] Publishing to channel 'default'...
[20:49:59] Building iOS bundle
[20:50:00] 500 - "{\"type\":\"InternalError\",\"errors\":[],\"message\":\"Metro Bundler has encountered an internal error, please check your terminal error output for more details\"}"
[20:50:00] StatusCodeError: 500 - "{\"type\":\"InternalError\",\"errors\":[],\"message\":\"Metro Bundler has encountered an internal error, please check your terminal error output for more details\"}"
    at new StatusCodeError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/request-promise-core/lib/errors.js:32:15)
    at Request.plumbing.callback (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/request-promise-core/lib/plumbing.js:104:33)
    at Request.RP$callback [as _callback] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/request-promise-core/lib/plumbing.js:46:31)
    at Request.self.callback (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/request/request.js:185:22)
    at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
    at Request.emit (events.js:214:7)
    at Request.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/request/request.js:1161:10)
    at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
    at Request.emit (events.js:211:7)
    at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/request/request.js:1083:12)

Thanks

Hey @rrapozo,

Were you able to get it working? If not, I’d recommend downloading the new expo CLI via npm i -g expo-cli or yarn global add expo-cli. Let me know if you still encounter the problem after doing so.

Cheers,

Adam

Thanks for reply @adamjnav,

Almost the same error:

exp publish
We've built a brand new CLI for Expo!
Expo CLI is a drop in replacement for exp.
Install: npm install -g expo-cli
Use: expo --help
Read more: https://blog.expo.io/expo-cli-2-0-released-a7a9c250e99c
[19:04:16] Publishing to channel 'default'...
[19:04:19] Building iOS bundle
[19:04:20] 500 - "{\"type\":\"InternalError\",\"errors\":[],\"message\":\"Metro Bundler has encountered an internal error, please check your terminal error output for more details\"}"
[19:04:20] StatusCodeError: 500 - "{\"type\":\"InternalError\",\"errors\":[],\"message\":\"Metro Bundler has encountered an internal error, please check your terminal error output for more details\"}"
    at new StatusCodeError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/request-promise-core/lib/errors.js:32:15)
    at Request.plumbing.callback (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/request-promise-core/lib/plumbing.js:104:33)
    at Request.RP$callback [as _callback] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/request-promise-core/lib/plumbing.js:46:31)
    at Request.self.callback (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/request/request.js:185:22)
    at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
    at Request.emit (events.js:214:7)
    at Request.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/request/request.js:1161:10)
    at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
    at Request.emit (events.js:211:7)
    at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/request/request.js:1083:12)

I was able to do that some weeks ago but maybe I changed something in my project and now I can’t.

Hello @adamjnav any idea about the problem?

Hey @rrapozo,

What OS are you using? Haven’t seen any other reports of this error occurring so I’m thinking it’s isolated.

My SO version is Ubuntu 18.04.1 and my colleagues is Ubuntu 17.04
I think that is because some dependency because I can publish other project and is the same problem with 3 people working in the projecto.

Hi @adamjnav

We figured out what the problem was. Basically we’re importing images with require, once we removed that we were able to publish the app.
Is this an identified issue? If so is there any solution?

Hello @adamjnav any idea about a solution for the problem?

Hey @rrapozo,

Sorry I must’ve quickly read over your last post and thought the issue was resolved when you said you were able to publish. Can you elaborate on what you mean by importing images with require? Like pre-fetching when using AppLoading?

Hi @adamjnav, basically I was able to publish when I got rid of the code below:

const images = {
  logo: require('./logo/logo.jpg'),
};

<Image source={images.logo} />

That was I meant with the require.

Thanks

Hi @adamjnav any news?

Hello @adamjnav you have any news about this issue?

Hey @rrapozo,

I think it’s best to create an issue ticket here: Issues · expo/expo-cli · GitHub to help get this figured out. Can you run expo diagnostics and then fill out the issue template there describing the importing images/require issue that prevented you from publishing?

Cheers,

Adam

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.