expo publish on store

I have published project on play store and app store if I run expo publish which one will be updated on the store ??
System:
Binaries:
Node: 10.16.3 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.EXE
Yarn: 1.17.3 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yarn\bin\yarn.CMD
npm: 6.11.3 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\npm.CMD
npmPackages:
expo: ^36.0.0 => 36.0.2
react: 16.9.0 => 16.9.0
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-36.0.1.tar.gz => 0.61.4
react-navigation: ^3.11.0 => 3.13.0

Both of them. If you run build for any of those platform it will also run publish internally.

2 Likes

what confuse me that I have two different build versions on both , so does it make problem ?
and should I have samer version for both android and ios ?

version does not affect OTA updates behavior

1 Like

sorry but I am still confused , I have build version 2.0.0 on ios and build version 1.0.0 on android so if I want to make change just to reflect on play store , just write expo publish ?

1 Like

Unless you are using Release Channels (which as super easy and extremely useful), it will update everything in that default channel as @wkozyra states. The Advanced Release Channels page has great info with commands you can use to check what channels have what publication versions and has a fantastic flowchart that shows how Expo picks what publication version to use.

What I do with versioning is build/publish with the channel set to production-v1.1 or something similar so A) I don’t accidentally publish to production while doing dev work and B) I can push individual hotfixes to individual release versions in the store.

You could do a release channel of production-android or production-ios with or without the version number if you’d like. That way you could publish to each platform individually.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.