Expo push notification not working after build

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version:sdk-39.0.3
  2. Platforms(Android):

Expo push notification not working after build so shifting to FCM as in expo document but cant recive any notifications … as i have added google services to app.json and i got the server key then run command expo push:android:upload But it gives error → Manifest (app.json) not initialized. Error: Manifest (app.json) not initialized. at Context.get manifest [as manifest] (C:\Users\10k\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\src\credentials\context.ts:52:13) at C:\Users\10k\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\src\commands\push-creds.ts:19:38 at Command. (C:\Users\10k\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\src\exp.ts:332:7)
Please help for push notification in expo got stuck for weeks

1 Like

what version of expo-cli are you running? do you have a valid app.json in your project directory?

Expo-Cli version is 3.28.5
here is my app.json
{

“expo”: {

"name": "SkiRacing",

"slug": "SkiRacing",

"version": "1.0.0",

"orientation": "portrait",

"icon": "./assets/icon.png",

"splash": {

"image": "./assets/splash.png",

"resizeMode": "contain",

"backgroundColor": "#ffffff"

},

"notification": {

"icon": "./assets/icon_96x96.png",

"color": "#ee8172"

},

"updates": {

"fallbackToCacheTimeout": 0

},

"assetBundlePatterns": [

"**/*"

],

"ios": {

"supportsTablet": true,

"bundleIdentifier": "com.adlerware.SkiRacing",

"buildNumber": "1.0.0"

},

"web": {

"favicon": "./assets/icon.png"

},

"android": {

"package": "com.adlerware.SkiRacing",

"versionCode": 1,

"useNextNotificationsApi": true,

"googleServicesFile": "./google-services.json"

}

}

}

what is the path to your app.json file? I can’t reproduce this :confused:

Path for app. json? i dont get it… its in root folder of expo as usual

At first expo notifications were working fine after build and testing on other device notifications not working… then tried fcm as in thier docs

Notifications aren’t working because you weren’t able to upload your FCM api key, instead you received the error Error: Manifest (app.json) not initialized. at Context.get manifest [as manifest], so I’m trying to understand how that error happened :thinking:

can you provide a link to a github repo that reproduces that CLI error when you run expo push:android:upload?

I have uploaded the Fcm server key downloaded the google-services.json file from Firebase project and pasted to root directory… did all steps as in docs check please.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.