Expo Push Notifications in Nigeria/Somalia

Does anyone know if there will be any problems with push notifications for apps used in Somalia/Nigeria? It’s working fine in the U.S. (where I live), but this app will be used mostly in Somalia and Nigeria, so just wanted to see if anyone had any experiences using Expo push notifications outside of the U.S. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Hey @stephensun,

I know there are Expo apps running in Somalia and Nigeria and I haven’t come across reports of notif delivery issues. The only issue we are aware of regarding notif delivery is in China.

Cheers,
Adam

1 Like

Hey @stephensun, I am building an Expo app and I’m in Liberia right now. The app has not been deployed yet, but as far as testing goes I haven’t experienced any issues.

Hello @adamjnav ,

Do you have any updates on solving the notification delivery issue in China? I did some tests several months ago and the service turned out to be unusable though.

Best wishes,
Zephaniah

Hey @zephaniah,

Unfortunately using the push notification service is still not feasible in China due to their government blocking the endpoints being used by the service.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.