EXPO SDK 38 slow debugger

Expo Debug slow with RemoteJS Enabled and http://localhost:19001/debugger-ui/

1 Like

I’m noticing this as well with the desktop React Native Debugger. It’s effectively preventing debugging of device functionality – the UI is completely unresponsive at times.

Mine is seeing this error when I try to do remote debugging:

Error: Unable to resolve module `./debugger-ui/debuggerWorker.cff11639.js` from ``: 

None of these files exist:
  * debugger-ui/debuggerWorker.cff11639.js(.native|.native.expo.ts|.expo.ts|.native.expo.tsx|.expo.tsx|.native.expo.js|.expo.js|.native.expo.jsx|.expo.jsx|.native.ts|.ts|.native.tsx|.tsx|.native.js|.js|.native.jsx|.jsx|.native.json|.json|.native.wasm|.wasm)
  * debugger-ui/debuggerWorker.cff11639.js/index(.native|.native.expo.ts|.expo.ts|.native.expo.tsx|.expo.tsx|.native.expo.js|.expo.js|.native.expo.jsx|.expo.jsx|.native.ts|.ts|.native.tsx|.tsx|.native.js|.js|.native.jsx|.jsx|.native.json|.json|.native.wasm|.wasm)
    at ModuleResolver.resolveDependency (/Users/fernandorojo/Developer/summer-q/tiktok/node_modules/metro/src/node-haste/DependencyGraph/ModuleResolution.js:163:15)
    at ResolutionRequest.resolveDependency (/Users/fernandorojo/Developer/summer-q/tiktok/node_modules/metro/src/node-haste/DependencyGraph/ResolutionRequest.js:52:18)
    at DependencyGraph.resolveDependency (/Users/fernandorojo/Developer/summer-q/tiktok/node_modules/metro/src/node-haste/DependencyGraph.js:287:16)
    at /Users/fernandorojo/Developer/summer-q/tiktok/node_modules/metro/src/lib/transformHelpers.js:267:42
    at Server.<anonymous> (/Users/fernandorojo/Developer/summer-q/tiktok/node_modules/metro/src/Server.js:841:41)
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at asyncGeneratorStep (/Users/fernandorojo/Developer/summer-q/tiktok/node_modules/metro/src/Server.js:99:24)
    at _next (/Users/fernandorojo/Developer/summer-q/tiktok/node_modules/metro/src/Server.js:119:9)

It also makes the app basically stop working.

Have the same issue and same records in the log.

related issue: https://github.com/facebook/react-native/issues/28844

due to a change in react-native 62. you can try to disable debugging, close the debugger tab, clear your chrome cache, restart chrome and try debugging again