Expo SDK requires expo ro run but app is being run on react-native-cli

I know this might be a common error, but I believe my context is different from most of the other times this error has been brought up. Essentially, I want to switch over from the expo-cli to react-native-cli. After ejecting from expo and creating a bare workflow, I run “npx react-native run-ios” to run my app on an ios simulator. However, I still get the same Expo SDK Requires Expo to Run Error. I have tried to fix the error by making an entirely new app from scratch with “react-native init test_app” but the Expo SDK Requires Expo to Run error still appears. I’ve tried removing expo, and as far as I know, there are no mentions of expo anywhere in my entirely fresh app. I don’t know why I’m getting this error anymore and most mentions of this error are for folks that are still using expo-cli for their app. Could anyone share any insight as to why I might be getting this? Let me know if you’d like to see any of the base code for the new app. Thanks!

I am also getting that error, and have seen it posted many times in the forum with no answers, unfortunately.