ExpoGo Android & Google Sign In

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 41.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android / Web
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

Hi,

Following guide about Autentication and AuthSession to add google sign in in my application I can use it in Web version of my project (dev mode) but can’t in Android AVD or on my android device.

Only message I have is “[Unhandled promise rejection: Error: Cannot make a deep link into a standalone app with no custom scheme defined]”

exploClientId : is set
Authorized Redirect is correct (expi.io/<my_app>

Same code as in exemple here Authentication - Expo Documentation

What i’m missing please ?

Scheme is only on production app ? I’m expected web browser auth on android device ?

Thanks in advance !

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. @tlancemot did you have any luck resolving this?

Same here. Brand new example app.

[Unhandled promise rejection: Error: Cannot make a deep link into a standalone app with no custom scheme defined]
at node_modules/expo-linking/build/Schemes.js:98:18 in resolveScheme
at node_modules/expo-auth-session/build/SessionUrlProvider.js:16:39 in getDefaultReturnUrl
at node_modules/expo-auth-session/build/AuthRequest.js:92:24 in promptAsync
at node_modules/expo-auth-session/build/AuthRequest.js:75:4 in promptAsync
at node_modules/expo-auth-session/build/AuthRequestHooks.js:69:29 in useCallback$argument_0
at node_modules/expo-auth-session/build/AuthRequestHooks.js:57:36 in useCallback$argument_0
at App.tsx:42:21 in Button.props.onPress
at node_modules/react-native/Libraries/Pressability/Pressability.js:691:17 in _performTransitionSideEffects
at node_modules/react-native/Libraries/Pressability/Pressability.js:628:6 in _receiveSignal
at node_modules/react-native/Libraries/Pressability/Pressability.js:524:8 in responderEventHandlers.onResponderRelease
at [native code]:null in forEach
at [native code]:null in callFunctionReturnFlushedQueue

if you think you found a bug, please file an issue and share all relevant information

edit: nevermind, i took a minute and was able to reproduce this

this warning is actually intended to let you know that you have not added a scheme and if you don’t do this your google sign in won’t work in production in a standalone app. you can add a scheme to your app.json and that will resolve it, and google sign in will work as expected. this will not block you from using google sign in, it’s just a warning.

it seems that in this block of code we’re entering the production error rather than the well worded warning: expo/Schemes.ts at master · expo/expo · GitHub

here’s a pr i open to fix the warning: [linking] Fix accidental condition that caused AuthSession Google Provider to error when no scheme in Expo Go by brentvatne · Pull Request #12846 · expo/expo · GitHub

Hi @notbrent !

Thanks for your answer and for your PR !

I thought I tested with a scheme in app.json but I’ll retry asap!

Thanks

I was unable to get the Auth Session instructions working, but I did get expo-google-app-auth working. See my solution and example code here.

@tlancemot It is working with the scheme property defined in app.json

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.