ExpoKit detached appears to register for push notifications

Hello,

I have an detached ExpoKit (20.0.0) app that I am deploying to the App Store, and during the upload process to iTunesConnect/Testflight, Apple sends me the following email:

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery. Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature’s entitlements do not include the “aps-environment” entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the “aps-environment” entitlement

This does not appear to hurt my deployment, but I know that I will be adding my own push notifications in the near future. If the ExpoKit detached app is already registering for the push service, will this prevent me from registering my own?

Thanks!

1 Like

Pinging this question – any thoughts?

hey @dchersey, from The recipient isn't associated with any device [PUSH NOTIFICATION] , detached apps don’t work with Expo push notifications