expoPushToken not working in standalone app (Android)

@expo
Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version:37.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all):ios and android

Hello, I am react native developer and i am using expo cli for building my application. While building standalone app using expo build:android i am not being able to get expoPushToken in my backend server, it was working perfectly in expo client app but after generating apk i am not being able to get notifications

Can you receive a notification when an app is closed?
Android

i can receive notification on expo cli only i am not being able to get while i release apk

I am experiencing something similar. After some debugging I could see that the notification is being sent from my backend with the correct ExponentPushToken but no notification is received on Android standalone app. The notification is working properly when I switch to the Expo app on Android.

When I send a notification from the same Android standalone app to the iOS stand alone app, the notification is displayed properly on iOS.

after configuring app.json correctly i fixed the issues…
Thanks everyone

What exactly was your issue with app.json? Good to have it here for future references.

Good that you have fixed it, but I would advise you to hide your apiKey from the solution and never share your keys/secrets etc in public.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.