Failed to construct transformer: Error: Failed to start watch mode.

Hi, I’ve been trying to a publish my app in order to allow our beta testers to use it but I keep getting this Failed to construct transformer: Error: Failed to start watch mode. as well as other error when I try to publish.

I’m using a Dell Inspiron 15 Windows 10 AMD Ryzen 5.

I’ve tried the following:
I just downloaded Watchman to my Program Files and added the path to watchman/windows/bin to my environmental variables PATH.

Thanks!

Expo Diagnostics

Expo CLI 3.13.1 environment info:
System:
Binaries:
npm: 6.13.7 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\npm.CMD
IDEs:
Android Studio: Version 3.5.0.0 AI-191.8026.42.35.5791312

Metro Bundler Error Log:
Failed to construct transformer: Error: Failed to start watch mode.
at Timeout._onTimeout (C:\Users\cocoa\ecs193\Hobbyte\node_modules\jest-haste-map\build\index.js:1059:24)
at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:531:17)
at processTimers (internal/timers.js:475:7)
ERROR
11:30
(node:6180) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Failed to start watch mode.
at Timeout._onTimeout (C:\Users\cocoa\ecs193\Hobbyte\node_modules\jest-haste-map\build\index.js:1059:24)
(node:6180) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
(node:6180) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
ERROR
11:31

Error
Error: Failed to start watch mode.
ERROR 11:31 Packager URL http://127.0.0.1:19001/node_modules\expo\AppEntry.bundle?dev=false&minify=true&hot=false&platform=ios returned unexpected code 500. Please open your project in the Expo app and see if there are any errors. Also scroll up and make sure there were no errors or warnings when opening your project. ERROR 11:31 Error: Failed to start watch mode. at Timeout._onTimeout (C:\Users\cocoa\ecs193\Hobbyte\node_modules\jest-haste-map\build\index.js:1059:24) at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:531:17) at processTimers (internal/timers.js:475:7)

have you tried restarting your computer?

1 Like

@notbrent Thank you! That worked for me! It must’ve not saved the recent Watchman changes or something like that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.