Fetching the token Failed, message : FIS_AUTH_ERROR

it’s possible that the “SHA certificate fingerprint” part is not correct. if you’re using app signing by google play the fingerprints will be different from what is provided through expo-cli (those will be relevant to the upload cert). you would get this info from here instead if you are using app signing by google play:

also, make sure you have uploaded the api key properly: Using FCM for Push Notifications - Expo Documentation

anyhow, i’m just letting you know that this is working as expected, so you will just need be meticulous about following the setup steps to ensure that everything is configured properly. it’s a bit of a pain, but once you get it set up you can forget about it.

I had typed the SHA-1 and SHA-256 carefully.
Even I put the AppSigning Certificate and Upload Certificate both in Google Cloud Platform and Firebase Project Settings.
I had uploaded FCM Server Key, but When I tried to change the FCM Server Key it turned Unknown Error.

are you using the latest version of expo-cli?

I had cleared the FCM Server Key.
Then I tried to upload again, it turned An unknown error occurred.

are you using the latest version of expo-cli?

YesCapture3 ,

thanks. @quinlanj is looking into why you are seeing this error

Thank you, I’ll wait the good news

hey @moh.jonaidy !

This looks like a bug on our servers and I’ll work on fixing it now.

I’m trying to figure out how your account got into this state, and I’m hoping you can help me with that. Did you ever delete your project from the website and then try to upload your FCM key again?

1 Like

hey @moh.jonaidy,

To unblock you, I’ve manually backfilled your fcm and apps. Please let me know if FCM push notifications work for you now.

I’m in the process of writing a fix, but would prefer not to deploy to our servers unless absolutely necessary because it’s friday evening here. This fix would most likely be deployed early next week, and would prevent this bug from happening in the event apps are deleted from the website, and fcm keys are reloaded

1 Like

Yes I ever deleted keystore from expo and get new keystore.
I was just wondering how case if the keystore change.
Thank you for your help, I’ll wait for the next early week.

hey @moh.jonaidy , sounds good thanks for the update. To clarify, FCM push notifications should work right now on your account – I manually changed it for you.

The deployment next week will fix and prevent other accounts from going into this ‘bad state’ if people delete their projects and try to reupload credentials

I’m really sorry.
This is embarrassing.
Can you manually unblock my FCM push notifications again?
I accidentally cleared the FCM API again.
When I wanted to upload again, it turned An unknown error occurred again.
Thank you for your help.

I’m really sorry.
This is embarrassing.
Can you manually unblock my FCM push notifications again?
I accidentally cleared the FCM API again.
When I wanted to upload again, it turned An unknown error occurred again.
Thank you for your help.

hey @moh.jonaidy, no worries. we deployed a fix to the servers, could you try and see if the problem is fixed for you?

Hey it works, Thank you…

1 Like

I am getting the same error.
When I try to get expoToken, I get this error Fetching the token failed: FIS_AUTH_ERROR

This error only occurs on Android devices and after building the application (dev mode or IOS devices, it doesn’t happen)

I already did the set up for firebase and google credentials.

Could you help me with that ?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.