File isn't readable

This happened to me since I upgraded to sdk33
Help !!!

that happens when I use ImageManipulator.manipulateAsync on iOS

File ‘ph://AEA93C3A-25AA-476E-B6DE-4D5ABEF57CFF/L0/001’ isn’t readable.

• node_modules/react-native/Libraries/BatchedBridge/NativeModules.js:104:55 in
  • node_modules/react-native/Libraries/BatchedBridge/MessageQueue.js:414:4 in __invokeCallback
  • node_modules/react-native/Libraries/BatchedBridge/MessageQueue.js:127:28 in
  • node_modules/react-native/Libraries/BatchedBridge/MessageQueue.js:314:10 in __guard
  • node_modules/react-native/Libraries/BatchedBridge/MessageQueue.js:126:17 in invokeCallbackAndReturnFlushedQueue
  • [native code]:null in invokeCallbackAndReturnFlushedQueue

Same problem here. Did you find workaround or what was causing the problem?

I still have not found a solution to this problem.
In another post, I found where they said that this happened in the SDK31 and they fixed it for the SDK32.
My assumption is that they stepped on source code

Hmmm, this is happening not only with the ImageManipulator methods. I tried to use a photo uri returned by the CameraRoll.getPhotos with the FileSystem expo module and the result is same.
But when I tried to use the same uri with the react native ImageEditor module it worked.
It seems like expo does not have permissions to the react native filesystem or something like that.

The bad news is that the ImageEditor does not have rotate method :frowning:

import CameraRoll from “@react-native-community/cameraroll”;
import * as FileSystem from ‘expo-file-system’;

CameraRoll
.getPhotos({first: 1})
.then(( r ) => { FileSystem.getInfoAsync(r.edges.map(i => i.node).map(i => i.image).map(i => i.uri)) })

Error: File ‘ph://ED7AC36B-A150-4C38-BB8C-B6D696F4F2ED/L0/001’ isn’t readable.
at createErrorFromErrorData (NativeModules.js:155)

on iOS Simulator

I found the solution here, as I said nikolay-slavov.

Thanks

@ccarcey did you find a solution to the original issue ? ImagePicker is not suitable for our project.

Not yet
I’m using ImageEditor.cropImage

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.