Getting certificate errors in iOS and Android Simulators

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 38
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Andorid and iOS

I cannot run my app on iOS or Android simulators on my Mac. I keep getting certificate errors. On iOS I get the following: “The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connected to a server that is pretending to be ‘exp.host’”. Android says: “Uncaught error javax.net.ssl.SSL.HandshakeException. Trust anchor for certification not found”

Hey @seandwayne,

Can you share what versions of Xcode, Android Studio and expo-cli that you are using? Also, is this occurring with any project or a specific one? If you haven’t yet, please try creating a new project and see if that throws the same cert errors.

Cheers,
Adam

Are you behind a corporate proxy server by any chance?

I’m using my work computer but am on my home wifi and not connected to the corporate vpn. The weird thing is that the iOS simulator worked a few days ago.

The symptoms sound like a man-in-the-middle attack or a corporate proxy server where the proxy generates certificates on the fly for the sites you’re connecting to.

The way this works in a corporate setting is that the CA cert used by the proxy to generate the web server certs on the fly will have been installed in you OS and browser’s trusted cert store. Of course, for this to work, the traffic would have to be intercepted by the proxy, so if you are not on the corporate vpn, I am not sure what’s going on.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.