google play says my app has ads...but it doesn't (does it?)

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 40
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

Having same issue as seen here: App flagged as "containing ads" on Google Play, though we don't have any

Google play has this warning under Policy Ad Content

We found ad SDKs in your app
Version: 6, SDK: AdMob
Version: 6, SDK: Facebook
If your app serves ads, you must answer 'Yes' to the question below. If you use ad SDKs but your app doesn't serve ads, you can leave your answer as 'No'.

I am not using Ads. Is expo injecting this code into my app? How do I resolve this?

Thank you,

I have ads? (see screenshot: Vital Tech Results - Improving User Experience With Automated Triggers )

The Expo SDK includes the Facebook and Admob SDKs, the same way it includes code for the camera, playing/recording audio, getting the phone’s location etc., etc.

This does not mean that your app will actually show adverts unless you make use of those features.

UPDATE: If you build with EAS Build then only the dependencies you actually install will be included in the app. So if you build with EAS Build and you do not install AdMob or Facebook SDKs etc., then your app will not include that code.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.