Having issues with "MismatchSenderId error" from FCM when trying to push a notification

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 40.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

Hi, I’m trying to configure the app using FCM, so I used this guide to sending Notifications with FCM and this one to use FCM for Push Notifications, I got the token of my device using Notifications.getDevicePushTokenAsync() and using to test in postman like this:

Authorization:key=AAAAm_p0hoc:************************************* (Server-key from FCM)
Content-Type: application/json

{
 "to" : "fV17M******************:********************************************" (Device token),
  "priority": "normal",
    "data" : {
     "experienceId": "@tcdiastor/test-app",
      "title": "\uD83D\uDCE7 You've got mail",
      "message": "Hello world! \uD83C\uDF10"
 }
}

Also, I used the updated google-services.json and checked the senderID from file with FCM console and both are right, but I always receiving this:

{
    "multicast_id": 8047791250796355996,
    "success": 0,
    "failure": 1,
    "canonical_ids": 0,
    "results": [
        {
            "error": "MismatchSenderId"
        }
    ]
}

Is something wrong there? I think the only step I didn’t is about to make a new build with expo build:android cuz I’m testing with Metro Bundler.

Just an observation: if I send a notification using Notifications composer of FCM with the same device token, it works well.

I’m stuck on a similar problem. You get the MismatchSenderId error because you haven’t built the app with expo build:android. The device token you get before that isn’t a valid token. When you build the app, you get a different token and the error disappears.
I’m stuck on the next step. Notifications sent from my server with a token aren’t delivered. I’m getting a success response from FCM, but no notification appears in the app. If you manage to figure that one out, I’ll be very happy if you shared your discovery.

Thank you, the only step in tutorial I didn’t do was the main problem at all so I make a new build and now it’s working fine.

About your case, have you tried to use “experienceId” in the body of request?

i have. it turned out to be a typo i didn’t notice for days. i had a backslash in the slug. :roll_eyes:

I’m glad I could help.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.