Having trouble setting infoPlist in create-react-native-app app.json

Hello!

I recently submitted an Expo ios build to iTunes connect. The build was rejected for the following reason:

Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app’s Info.plist must contain an NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

So i googled this issue which led me to this stack overflow post. According to the accepted answer, it looks like NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription is not an infoPlist that is exposed to Expo, and thus it cannot be set in the app.json?

Currently, the relevant portion of my app.json looks like this:

"ios": {
      "infoPlist": {
          "NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription": "Some description here",
      },
    },

Also, when I try to build via Expo, it always times out or hits an error at the end building/signing the IPA.

How can i remedy this issue?

The project was built with create-react-native-app and im using the following versions:

• Expo 26.0.0
  • react 16.3.0-alpha.1
  • React Native 0.54.0

Hi, we’re working on fixing our binaries to no longer depend on this key. Status page here: http://expo.statuspage.io/

We believe Apple recently (yesterday) changed the way they validate binaries, triggering this warning.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.