Help with iOS Certs and Expo

Hello -

I’m having an issue with Apple Certificates and Expo builds. The other day we pushed out a new application and needed to get rid of a Distrobution Certificate since we had reached the max of 3. So I went and deleted 2 old distribution certs that were no longer used. But when running “exp build:ios -c” I still see the old certs listed and cannot build a new certificate to use. Does anyone know how to completely clear out all apple credentials and rebuild? I’ve tried deleting everyting in Sign In - Apple and removing the certs stored by expo but nothing seems to work

Also this ended up breaking the iOS notifications on an app that we use. Trying to restore the notifications on the app has proven to be a massive headace and this is the error we get from the Expo notifications server when getting a push notificaiton receipt (by calling curl on exp.host/–/api/v2/push/getReceipts). Below is the error message
{
“status”:“error”,
“message”:“The Apple Push Notification service failed to send the notification (reason: InvalidProviderToken, status code: 403). Read Apple’s docs about "Communicating with APNs" to learn what this error means.”,
“details”: {
“apns”: {
“reason”: “InvalidProviderToken”,
“statusCode”:403
},
“error”:“InvalidCredentials”,
“sentAt”:1572544019
},
“__debug”: {}
}

If anyone has experience with the apple store, certs, and building + deploying multiple apps on expo please help

===== running “expo diagnostics” ==========
Expo CLI 3.4.1 environment info:
System:
Shell: 3.2.57 - /bin/bash
Binaries:
Node: 8.12.0 - /usr/local/bin/node
npm: 6.10.1 - /usr/local/bin/npm
Watchman: 4.9.0 - /usr/local/bin/watchman
IDEs:
Android Studio: 3.4 AI-183.6156.11.34.5522156
Xcode: 10.2/10E125 - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
npmPackages:
expo: ^35.0.0 => 35.0.0
react: 16.8.3 => 16.8.3
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-35.0.0.tar.gz => 0.59.8
react-navigation: 2.10.0 => 2.10.0
npmGlobalPackages:
expo-cli: 3.4.1

Hey @twhite_6,

I would recommend using expo credentials:manager --ios which will give you more fine-tuned control to perform actions on not only clearing credentials from our servers but also revoking them from the Apple Developer Portal. You can also generate new creds from the command as well.

Give it a shot and let me know if you run into further complications.

Cheers,
Adam

2 Likes

Hey @adamjnav -

Thanks for the suggestion! That was able to help clear up the issue and fix all the problems we were experiencing!

Travis

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.