Hooking up Segment to Google Analytics

I’m trying to hook up tracking through Segment to Google Analytics. I recieve events in Segment just fine, and have added and enabled the GA destination, but I’m in doubt how those events will be forwarded? I haven’t connected my google account or provided an API key or anything?

I see that there’s the following options - which one do I choose? I mean, it could be website seeing as it’s JS, but I know the Expo Segment module wraps the mobile client libs

I’ve tried adding the UA-MYNUMBER-1 to ‘Mobile Tracking ID’ for both Android and iOS, but no events are registered in GA.

Hi @jhalborg, I haven’t done this before, but I believe it’s more of a question for the folks at Segment if it’s not working? (Am I correct to assume this, or is there something expo-specific that I’m missing?)

Also, if you’re trying to test and not seeing anything, it looks like some parts of the analytics dashboard won’t report events for a while (re here: Google Universal Analytics Destination | Segment Documentation ), but they should appear in the real-time events dashboard.

You’re correct that it’s not an Expo issue, but I thought that someone inhere might’ve tried it and have some knowledge :slight_smile:

I checked the dashboard again this morning, and it seems that adding UA-MYNUMBER-1 to ‘Mobile Tracking ID’ actually did work - events are now registered correctly, but nothing was showing up in live dashboard yesterday.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.