Hot reloading not working on Android device

Hey guys !!! I’ve been using expo xde … since two days back, the hot reload stopped working on devices. It works randomly however, it works flawlessly on iOS simulator. I tried reinstalling watchman , upgrade my yarn packages etc etc. Nothing seems to work until now.
Any help on this is much appreciated guys…

I have watchman 4.9.0
Latest XDE :2.4.X
Latest Expo Client on Android

And also, I’ve been using expo xde for my earlier apps too. It was working absolutely fine.
But since two days , I’ve been facing issue with hot reload. Basically the app works and does a hot reload during the initial build on the expo client. But when there’s a code error and I get a red screen or even if I reload the entire app, then the changes I do doesn’t emit to the views. I also don’t see any logs like patching homescreen.js etc. which I usually see when I’m using hot reload. Any help guys ?
I know we discuss about reactjs here… however if someone has faced similar issue, then I highly appreciate them to give me some suggestions to get a workaround for this issue. Been breaking my head for about 3 days now…

Hi @kkrishnan - I think I responded to your GH issue about this earlier. Unfortunately HMR is somewhat inconsistent in RN 0.54 (which is used for SDK 26). It may take a couple of tries to get it working, but in the meantime I’d suggest using Live Reload instead. (Relying on HMR is generally not a great strategy with react native, as it tends to be pretty brittle and breaks frequently!)

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.