How can I make a button change the display contents without the option to go back?

I’ve got a basic ‘intro’ screen with a ‘start’ button, which I want to take the user to a regular home screen. How do I accomplish this?

Additionally, I’d like to be able to skip this intro screen the next time to user loads the app. I’m guessing this will require file read/write capabilities but I’m not really sure where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi @kapito-

Yeah, you’ll want to store something about whether the user has already seen the intro screen. Check out AsyncStorage for a pretty simple way to do this.

Thanks! But how do I get it to change the display contents in the first place? I’m probably sounding very stupid here as this is quite basic but I can’t figure it out :confused:

Paste your code here pls

I have a button:

<Button color='#0070d0' style={styles.nextButton} title='Click here to begin' onPress={() => {
    alert('asdasdasd')
}} />

And rather than a placeholder alert, I’d like it to take me to another screen/display (like another App.js, under a different name of course). This feels like it should be pretty basic but the only guides I can find online are for full navigation systems…

You can just use a different View and then some state and when the state changes, render the different View, pretty similar to how you would toggle something anywhere in a React app.