How do you delete a project?

I don’t see if there is a way to delete a project. Is there?

Hey Gravy!

Are you looking for a way to delete a project on XDE? Or are you looking to remove a published project?

If you’re trying to remove a publish project, simply go to expo.io, login to your account, and then click on the options button of your project:

Afterwards you should see this

‘Make unlisted’ - a project is no longer searchable, and people won’t see it on your profile (besides you). But the experience page will still exist.

‘Remove project’ - removes your project, so no one can search it, see it on your profile, or view the experience page.

I hope this helps :slight_smile: Let me know if you have any other questions.

My project is not published. I would just like to delete it from the project listing in Expo.

You mean from list of recently opened projects?

There isn’t a way to delete those currently unfortunately. We’ll probably add one soon.

There are only 10 slots there so if you open a bunch of different things, you can get your project to disappear. Or if you uninstall and reinstall the Expo app that should work too if you really want to get rid of the listing.

You mean from list of recently opened projects?

There isn’t a way to delete those currently unfortunately. We’ll probably add one soon.

There are only 10 slots there so if you open a bunch of different things, you can get your project to disappear. Or if you uninstall and reinstall the Expo app that should work too if you really want to get rid of the listing.

I vote for adding functionality to clean the list of recent projects in Expo IDE and Expo app on Android/IOS device. Please add it, it is annoying to have these listed there

If you like, you can manually edit this list now by opening the file $HOME/.expo/xde-recent-exps.json and then just taking out the lines you don’t want to have there anymore.

+1 for the functionality to clean up projects in the Expo XDE project list

Why is this so complicated? Why can it be like a delete button on the options?

XDE is open source, you can send a PR if you want!

good enough for me. haha

Sorry, but the delete doesn’t work for me.
The projects still show on the expo on my device