How to build a standalone app after ejecting from Expo?

So I ejected from Expo to ExpoKit by running expo --eject . I was then able to go to the generated ios folder and ran pod install to set up the iOS app. I then opened the .xcworkspace file in XCode and was able to run the app successfully.

My only confusion is with creating a standalone iOS app ( .ipa file). I understand that I can’t use expo build:ios anymore to do that… but I basically have the app running in XCode and Simulator though… so is it already a standalone app? If so, what do I need to do to get an .ipa file from this so I can push it to TestFlight?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey @compako10,

In Xcode, you’ll want to go into Product and then Archive which will give you an .ipa file that you can upload via App Store Connect.

Cheers,

Adam

Hi @adamjnav, thanks for the quick response!

It seems that doing the Archive action causes a couple of errors…

No account for team “C8XXXXX339”. Add a new account in the Accounts preference pane or verify that your accounts have valid credentials. (in target ‘myapp’)

and

No profiles for ‘com.myapp.myappname’ were found: Xcode couldn’t find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching ‘com.myapp.myappname’. (in target ‘myapp’)

Which is weird because I didn’t seem to run into these problems when I had done expo build:ios… I’ll have to look into it :confused:

You can also try using fastlane if you are not very familiar with publishing through XCode. How to Publish ExpoKit Apps to the App Store | by Evan Bacon | Exposition is a pretty detailed walkthrough of using ExpoKit and fastlane.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.