How to expo build:ios using iOS 12.1 SDK?

Hi, we are using expo build:ios to produce our .ipa binary and then uploading the binary to App Store Connect using Application Loader on a Mac.

Expo SDK 31
Application Loader 3.7.2
Xcode 10.1

Recently when I upload the build to App Store Connect, I get this warning message:

SDK Version Issue - This app was built with the iOS 12.0 SDK. Starting March 2019, all iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 12.1 SDK or later, included in Xcode 10.1 or later.

Can someone please advise how to make Expo build with iOS 12.1 SDK and make this warning go away? Thanks.

7 Likes

Yeah, we are getting same warning. Would appreciate feedback on this from Expo team.

Hey all,

We will have to push an update to our builders so that .ipas will be built using SDK 12.1+, but as the warning message indicates this won’t be a problem until March so it won’t be an urgent matter. We will make sure we get our builders updated so you’ll have ample time to build and submit a new build however.

Cheers,

Adam

6 Likes

I have same problem. Everything is OK but Facebook Login functions(import {Facebook} from ‘expo’) is not working at Standalone App since then.

I checked same problem on both SDK 31 and 30.
I think it is fatal problem.

Any idea about this problem??

1 Like

Same here, we are getting same warning after uploading app.

@mrzeszowski

I have same problem. Everything is OK but Facebook Login functions(import {Facebook} from ‘expo’) is not working at Standalone App since then.

I checked same problem on both SDK 31 and 30.
I think it is fatal problem.

Any idea about this problem??

I’ve solved Facebook login issue upgrading from SDK 30 to SDK 31

I tried on SDK 31, but same problem occrued. :sob:
I will try today again!
Thank you!

This is becoming a serious issue. Dear expo, can you please update us? It is stopping us from going live.
I even get e-mails form Apple about it:

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, … Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

SDK Version Issue - This app was built with the iOS 12.0 SDK. Starting March 2019, all iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 12.1 SDK or later, included in Xcode 10.1 or later.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes Connect.

Best regards,

The App Store Team

We still need to update the standalone app builders. The current state should not stop you from publishing an app; Apple has not made any changes. The email is a non-blocking notice.

1 Like

Hi there,

is there yet any timeline on the update of the standalone app builders? We want to plan enough time to release new builds.

Thanks a lot,
Dominik

Hey all,

Got some good news. As of this morning, the SDK32 builders have been upgraded to use Xcode 10.1!

Cheers,

Adam

3 Likes

Is it possible to upgrade the builders for SDK 31 as well? Thanks!

2 Likes

Can we get it for SDK 30 as well please?

is the new builder done now ? does it support sdk 29 ?

I upgraded my app to SDK 32.0.0 (by changing the number). The build created after that still gets the warning when uploading to Apple.

50%20AM

Having the same problem. I have been on SDK 32 since it came out and the problem went away till now.

Hello,
the regression which you were experiencing should be fixed now. We also updated SDK 30 and 31. All you need to do now is to build your apps again Sorry for the inconvenience!

2 Likes

Just to confirm that I was able to build and upload without any Apple warnings about the SDK anymore. Keep up the great work Expo Team! Thanks!

3 Likes

^ @terri @leimd