How to Generate Custom Keystore for Expo

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version:38.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all):all

I want to add a custom keystore for my app but do not get the prompt to select between expo and custom… I have generated a keystore from android studio and want to use it for this project but don’t set the prompt to add on…

“The keytool utility was not found in your PATH. A new Keystore will be generated on Expo servers.”
is the message I get and a keystore is autogenerated thereafter

Hey @ikaros,

If it’s not the first time building the app and a keystore was generated for you by Expo, you won’t be prompted to supply your own. If you haven’t submitted the app yet, you can clear the keystore from the servers without issue by running expo build:android --clear-credentials. However, if you have submitted it, please take caution and read the docs here about what that deleting a keystore can result in.

Cheers,
Adam

No i have not submitted it to the playstore ,however now if I want to upload my own keystore to expo what steps do I take to replace the auto generated keystores… i simply don’t get the option to do so… due to the
“The keytool utility was not found in your PATH. A new Keystore will be generated on Expo servers.”
not found…

@ikaros
Yes there is a bug there, check for keytool is added before you have chance to select option to manually provide credentials. For now you can use (you need to pass it only to the first build)

expo build:android --keystore-path somepath --keystore--alias and
two envs

• EXPO_ANDROID_KEYSTORE_PASSWORD
  • EXPO_ANDROID_KEY_PASSWORD

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.