How to set EXPO_DEBUG=true

Hi,

I am having an error while validating my apple credentials on exp build:ios

[exp] Validating Credentials...
[exp] Error while gathering & validating credentials
[exp] undefined
[exp] Set EXPO_DEBUG=true in your env to view the stack trace

I also enabled wsl and installed ubuntu bash. Still, i got this. It was worked on expo previous version in my system.
Here is my system information:

Can you plesae help?

please verify what version you are on, with exp --version. to get environment variable on windows, do in powershell: $env:EXPO_DEBUG = 'true', then run exp build:ios and show error output if any.

Hi edgar,

My expo version is 49.2.2. And I set the environmental variable in PowerShell $env:EXPO_DEBUG = 'true' But expo still saysSet EXPO_DEBUG=true in your env to view the stack trace.

That isn’t correct, something wrong with your powershell or something was done wrong. Double check that the environmental variable was set correctly before running exp.

Hi, edger

It is working. I am using VScode for development. What I did early, I set the environmental variable on new PowerShell window. Now I set env variable on the integrated terminal in VScode where I execute my comments.

Now I can get the error log. Can you please help?

[exp] Error while gathering & validating credentials
[exp] {"result":"failure","reason":"Could not understand JSON reply from Ruby based local auth scripts","rawDump":"/bin/bash: /mnt/c/Program: No such file or directory\n"}
[exp] undefined
closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.