How to use Firebase Remote Config

1. SDK Version: 37
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/iOS

I have been trying to add Firebase Remote Config in my Expo app, and I am a bit overwhelmed with the amount of choices.

expo-firebase-remote-config has been deprecated in favour of the firebase-js-sdk and rnfirebase.

firebase-js-sdk: This does not support remote-config on React Native since it’s remote config only supports browser environments. You run into issues like “Can’t find variable: IDBIndex” if you import “firebase/remote-config” into Expo.

rnfirebase: I am using a managed workflow, so I cannot use this package according to it’s documentation.

It’s been a bit of a struggle to work all this out, but I understand these 3 options and why none of them work.

So what’s the way to use remote config inside of Expo?

Apparently there is now way as for Expo SDK 37 to make use of Firebase Remote Config in managed workflow.
And i doubt there will be one.

Archiving expo-firebase · GitHub

the SDK fully expects that there is one binary per app, and the Expo client has multiple apps inside of it. We weren’t able to work around this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.