How to use free Appetize.io account

I am teaching an upper-division undergraduate class on mobile apps using React Native. I would like to introduce the students to snack.expo.io but see that there is an “Account-level queue” that would delay the classroom use. The page says that we can “Use a free Appetize.io account”. I registered for a free Appetize io account then clicked on the “Use Appetize io" button and was taken to a page where I could “Request a Payer Code”, but saw “Note: Payer codes are only enabled for active paying accounts.” So, how can I avoid the queue with a free account?

Hey @jgfoster,

Unfortunately Appetize has turned off their free accounts and we haven’t had the time to push out an update removing that feature from Snack yet. For now, if possible, I would recommend having students use their phones.

Cheers,
Adam

Thanks. I appreciate the explanation and it helps knowing that I read the instructions correctly. I’ve been able to use Appetize to run a stand-alone app.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.