How to use "react-tweet-embed" in ReactNative + Expo projects(for smartphone apps, not web).

I recently started building a simple smartphone app using ReactNative+ Expo and I’m trying to show embedded tweets with capaj/react-tweet-embed: component that you supply tweet id and you’ll get a tweet embed back, nothing more (github.com))as a reference.
I have a very simple question: Are there any ways to use this library in smartphone apps with Expo?

I actually tried it with Expo snack with web(not smartphone), and the embedded tweets showed up fine. Please check the below link.

However, when I use Expo in a local environment and use the same code, I get an error. What I did is here.

Commands:

Expo init my-project
cd my-project
npm i react-tweet-embed

Edit App.js to the same code that is in snack. Lastly, run Expo start .

Then, I get this error:

Invariant Violation: View config getter callback for component div must be a function (received undefined ). Make sure to start component names with a capital letter.

This error is located at:

in div (created by r)
in r (at App.js:8)
in App (created by ExpoRoot)
in ExpoRoot (at renderApplication.js:45)
in RCTView (at View.js:34)
in View (at AppContainer.js:106)
in RCTView (at View.js:34)
in View (at AppContainer.js:132)
in AppContainer (at renderApplication.js:39)

at node_modules\react-native\Libraries\LogBox\LogBox.js:148:8 in registerError
at node_modules\react-native\Libraries\LogBox\LogBox.js:59:8 in errorImpl
at node_modules\react-native\Libraries\LogBox\LogBox.js:33:4 in console.error
at node_modules\expo\build\environment\react-native-logs.fx.js:27:4 in error
at node_modules\react-native\Libraries\Core\ExceptionsManager.js:104:6 in reportException
at node_modules\react-native\Libraries\Core\ExceptionsManager.js:171:19 in handleException
at node_modules\react-native\Libraries\Core\setUpErrorHandling.js:24:6 in handleError
at node_modules\expo-error-recovery\build\ErrorRecovery.fx.js:9:32 in ErrorUtils.setGlobalHandler$argument_0
at node_modules\regenerator-runtime\runtime.js:63:36 in tryCatch
at node_modules\regenerator-runtime\runtime.js:293:29 in invoke
at node_modules\regenerator-runtime\runtime.js:63:36 in tryCatch
at node_modules\regenerator-runtime\runtime.js:154:27 in invoke
at node_modules\regenerator-runtime\runtime.js:164:18 in PromiseImpl.resolve.then$argument_0
at node_modules\react-native\node_modules\promise\setimmediate\core.js:37:13 in tryCallOne
at node_modules\react-native\node_modules\promise\setimmediate\core.js:123:24 in setImmediate$argument_0
at node_modules\react-native\Libraries\Core\Timers\JSTimers.js:130:14 in _callTimer
at node_modules\react-native\Libraries\Core\Timers\JSTimers.js:181:14 in _callImmediatesPass
at node_modules\react-native\Libraries\Core\Timers\JSTimers.js:441:30 in callImmediates
at node_modules\react-native\Libraries\BatchedBridge\MessageQueue.js:387:6 in __callImmediates
at node_modules\react-native\Libraries\BatchedBridge\MessageQueue.js:135:6 in __guard$argument_0
at node_modules\react-native\Libraries\BatchedBridge\MessageQueue.js:364:10 in __guard
at node_modules\react-native\Libraries\BatchedBridge\MessageQueue.js:134:4 in flushedQueue
at [native code]:null in flushedQueue
at [native code]:null in invokeCallbackAndReturnFlushedQueue

I’m pretty new to smartphone app. and ReactNative and only recently started to understand the difference between React and ReactNative.

I spent the whole day today looking for various ways to use this library, but I can’t find a solution at all. Please help me :,-(

P.S. I have a sneaking suspicion that the root cause of this is ReactNative’s support for views instead of div.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.