I was thinking about whether there was any opportunity for me to build my Expo application with Windows

I was thinking about whether there was any opportunity for me to build my Expo application with Windows. At whatever point I run exp build:ios, I get the following cautioning:

Does not appear WSL empowered on this machine. Download from the Windows application store a distribution of Linux, at that point in an administrator powershell, it would be ideal if you run:

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem->Linux

and run the new Linux installation at least once

What application would it be a good idea for me to use for this? What’s more, regardless of whether I do it, will Expo enable me to work for IOS?

Then again, would i be able to utilize an administration like Microsoft Dynamics Appcenter to assemble it for me?

Hey @ruthkimberly,

I’ll have to get back to you on a recommended application, but this would enable to you develop for iOS but eventually you’ll need access to a MacOS to be able to upload your ipa file to AppStore Connect to be able to distribute your app to the App Store (and TestFlight).

Cheers,

Adam

Hi @ruthkimberly, WSL refers to Windows Subsystem for Linux. The full installation instructions can be found at: Install WSL | Microsoft Docs

Expo CLI requires WSL on Windows for some of its builtin app distribution tools (Fastlane) that are not yet available natively on Windows.

If you’re thinking about which Linux distribution to choose, I believe any of the ones available will do, but Ubuntu is probably the most popular choice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.