Install referrer and campaign parameters

First of all I want to congratulate you guys on an awesome product! I’ve been working in a relatively large app for about 6 months and been able to do almost everything I wanted without ejecting.

However right now I’ve hit a snag. I need to forward the install referrer and google adwords campaign data (utm_* parameters) to Segment after installation, so we can properly track our campaigns. I can get some install information using the branch SDK (Branch.getFirstReferringParams()), but only if the user arrived at our store page from a branch url.

Is there a way to receive the aforementioned data without ejecting?

Thanks a lot, keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Sorry for bumping the thread. But I would really like to keep using expo without ejecting. If someone from expo could let me know if this is something possible without ejecting it would help me tremendously.

There seems to be some requests related to this on canny, but they’re pretty old:

1 Like

Hi @mutualr! Sorry we didn’t see your earlier message.

I don’t think there’s a way to get that data without ejecting right now, but we’re definitely open to adding it to a future version of Expo. Is this https://github.com/expo/expo/blob/fa822585c94d8a4df7c0662ac07e2af77cef0b9a/android/expoview/src/main/java/host/exp/exponent/referrer/InstallReferrerReceiver.java#L46 the data that you’re interested in? If you’re thinking about writing it yourself anyway would you be interested in submitting a PR to GitHub - expo/expo: An open-source platform for making universal native apps with React. Expo runs on Android, iOS, and the web. or opening an issue with details about what you want?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.