Introduce yourself!

Hi there!

I’m Wijnand Karsens from Groningen, The Netherlands. I work with React Native and Expo, but also Apollo GraphQL, Node JS and MySQL at my own company and part-time at the company Target Holding. My hobbies are kitesurfing and travel. I also started a community for kitesurfers that code, have a look here and here if that sounds good to you!

2 Likes

Hey. Guys am Princewill. I am a backend developer using python, JavaScript and PHP to do wonderful things :grin:

https://ochuiprincewill.me

2 Likes

Hi there,

I’m pixel, a full-stack developer from Berlin, and I just gave Expo a try. But with the limitations of DocumentPicker and FileSystem I’m not too sure that I can keep going with it.

1 Like

Hey Pixel, glad to have you around. Sorry to hear that we couldn’t deliver the tools necessary for your project. I’d love to hear about the limitations you mention regarding the DocumentPicker and FileSystem APIs. If you have time and could send me an email about said limitations to adamjnav@expo.io that would be greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone!

I’m Sebastian (but you can call me Seb) - I’m a couple of weeks away from starting my studio to provide (mostly) React & Native sites and apps.

I’ve released my first app on iOS/Android/Amazon using Expo and am looking to take it to the next level - if anyone has experience of RN/Expo/Firebase for data storage/sharing between users please do hit me up!

Hoping to finally start giving back to the Open Source community too so hoping that this community can benefit from some of my experience.

1 Like

Hi everyone.
Hope you guys have a nice day.

I’m Tepy, from a small country in South-East asia, Cambodia, currently studying in Japan.

I’ve been working with Reactjs (Gatsby-Nextjs) , Graphql stack for awhile and been back and force between the web and native app :smiley:
I also have some experience in developing native Android app with Java as well, old school :smiley:

I hope to get thing done quickly with the power of Expo from now on :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey all, time to introduce myself

Im Jordan,

I’v been using Expo to help build an app for a startup project. I work full time as an Android dev and before Expo had very little experience with JavaScript and JSX. I Love the environment and the Expo community!

I consistently evangelize Expo and RN to the other Android and iOS devs at work (I get laughed at a lot)

Looking forward to being a part of the community :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,
I’m Filippo, I’m a freelance web developer building websites for small to medium sized companies and I’m here to learn about react native since I will be building an app for one of my clients. Excited to work on this project and learn!

3 Likes

Hello, I am Fust, in-house developer for the art-entity Brud.
I’m new to app development and enjoy Expo.

Recently I made Juju for Brud.

Now I’m trying to make camera-based apps, AR apps, etc.

Brud is active in contemporary art, in musea, galleries, art institutions, and they view their apps as artworks. So oftentimes, “utility”, and “functionality” are less important that experience, affect, and certain possibilities afforded by smartphones and especially cameras.

So I’m keen on learning more tips and tricks, and if you have examples of “art” apps, do share.

Ciao
Fust

2 Likes

Hey everyone!

Fernando Rojo here. I was in Y Combinator W’19 for Basement (http://basement.social) and graduated from UPenn in 2019. Big expo fan, feel free to reach out at fernando@basement.social if I can help.

3 Likes

Hi everyone! Recent graduate of Northwestern University’s, in Chicago, IL, full stack (MERN) coding bootcamp. Just started to continue my learning by looking into react-native and am always open to feedback!

2 Likes

Hi,
I’m Ilgım from Istanbul. I study in a German Highschool (Istanbuler gymnasium) and have a startup which is focused on nano-influencers and digital marketing, Teamfluencer.co. We have started to grow our app in Europe. I have noticed that being a single developer isn’t an issue if you use Expo :slight_smile: Making corporations and working together with startups existing in Berlin or Amsterdam will make me proud. We need only one thing to be diligent. :muscle:
ilgim@teamfluencer.co

3 Likes

Hey guys my name is Bruno and I work at Koruja Software (my business
), I’m a software engineer and love Expo!

3 Likes

Hey @koruja, happy to have you here. Best of luck building!

2 Likes

Welcome! I am a newcomer also and happy to communicate with the people here.

2 Likes

Hi guys, My name is Fatma, I’m new to programming, just finished basics to create expo app and I’m trying to work on a project. I’m scared and curious, but I am determined to give it my best shot. Looking forward to networking and learning tons from you guys.

1 Like

Hi from Indonesia…

I’m Welly, nice to meet you all and for what i do now gladly check my LinkedIn profile thanks…

I loves react since the early release of react and come to know react native and expo since 5 years ago and love it… Great community, great expo team, and a bright future for js/ts in mobile dev (much more when hermes, fabric, and maybe skia comes too). :blush:

See ya, WellyD

Hi, I’m Allison from Los Angeles, California. I’m an aspiring developer and I look forward to learn plenty of things here.
P.S. I’m about to launch my own tech website very soon.
Wish me luck! :blush:

1 Like

Hello guys :wave:, I’m Theophilus from Togo (Africa) the great footballer E. Adebayor and singer group Toofan’ s country.

I’m Web developer, I use differents technologies like (Laravel, VueJs). I discovered React native and Expo in 2020 and I fall in love, it is awesome

1 Like