Invalid Code Signing Entitlements - value '*' for key 'com.apple.developer.associated-domains'

1. SDK Version: 35.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS

I’ve previously successfully published builds of my app with an associatedDomain configuration of ["webcredentials:domain.com"]. The associatedDomain configuration has not changed since I was last successful in publishing, but I now get the following error when trying to submit to the App Store:

ERROR ITMS-90046: "Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle's signature contains code signing entitlements that are not supported on iOS. Specifically, value '*' for key 'com.apple.developer.associated-domains' in 'Payload/ExpoKitApp.app/BundleNameHere' is not supported."

I’ve tried clearing all stored expo credentials by rebuilding with the -c flag, and even with new credentials I still have this error. If I completely remove the associatedDomain block in app.json, I am able to submit.

2 Likes

I’m getting the same problem.

I’ve tried clearing and renewing provisioning profiles, but I still get the same error. I’ve also made no changes to the associatedDomain configuration, or the entitlement in my app capabilities.

I’n having the exact same issue using the format applinks:www.example.com. Previous builds worked (last one was 9 days ago) and today it stopped working.

Getting the same issue here. I also haven’t made any changes to the associatedDomain configuration.

Having the same issue. I found that the provisioning profile created by expo has:

<key>com.apple.developer.associated-domains</key>
		<string>*</string>

which is what causes the error. On my app.json I have my applinks:mydomain.com set up, any idea on how to set those values to the provisioning profile? Editing it manually doesn’t work (since it’s signed or something)

Having the same issue here, SDK version 35.0.0 iOS with ["webcredentials:domain.com", "applinks:domain.com"] as associated domains.

I also experience this issue (since about two days ago), and the only way that works is to disable “Associated Domains” on the app in Apple Developer, but that is not a proper solution since the links is not working without it.

I’m using expo-cli 3.7.1 and Node 12.9.1.

I also tried to unzip the .ipa and edit the entitlements and then sign in, but didn’t manage to sign it, and that solution feels shaky.

Anyone having a solution for this issue? Been trying almost everything for the last two days.

Related issue:

Same problem… expo-cli 3.7.1
ERROR ITMS-90046 while uploading to testflight

Also experiencing this today.

Same here as well. Worked the last time I uploaded a build (10/24/2019), but was presented with this error today when trying to upload a new build. I found this while searching around for a solution:

Haven’t tried it yet because I’d like to avoid having to manually edit and resign the IPA every time I need to do a build. But might be useful to others that are time constrained to get a release out.

Hi everyone! Really sorry about this issue, but we’ve pushed a fix out just now. If you rebuild your apps with expo build:ios, it should solve the problem

Thanks for your patience on this, and please reply (and @-mention me) if after rebuilding you still see this error message!

3 Likes

Hi @charliecruzan, we’re seeing the issue again this evening.

Are you rebuilding with expo-cli? or do you use turtle-cli to build on your own machine?

We use expo-cli and build via Bitrise workflow.

I have not yet attempted a build today, but we were repeatedly encountering the same problem last night.

Hm, looks from other reports I’m getting that it was resolved. The fix should have been deployed last night around 7pm EST, so if you built before then, can try rebuilding?

It was well after 7pm ET, but we will try again today and report back. Thank you.

@charliecruzan still seeing the same error.

Package Summary:

1 package(s) were not uploaded because they had problems:
	/var/folders/90/5stft2v13fb_m_gv3c8x9nwc0000gn/T/4F1CD3B6-7C66-4C44-B1C6-A76939D097B7/1435795720.itmsp - Error Messages:
		ERROR ITMS-90046: "Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle's signature contains code signing entitlements that are not supported on iOS. Specifically, value '*' for key 'com.apple.developer.associated-domains' in 'Payload/ExpoKitApp.app/FiHiAtlas' is not supported."
2019-11-16 07:38:02.323 altool[1626:13178] *** Error: Errors uploading '/Users/vagrant/git/native/app.ipa': (
    "Error Domain=ITunesTransporterErrorDomain Code=-18000 \"ERROR ITMS-90046: \"Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle's signature contains code signing entitlements that are not supported on iOS. Specifically, value '*' for key 'com.apple.developer.associated-domains' in 'Payload/ExpoKitApp.app/FiHiAtlas' is not supported.\"\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=ERROR ITMS-90046: \"Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle's signature contains code signing entitlements that are not supported on iOS. Specifically, value '*' for key 'com.apple.developer.associated-domains' in 'Payload/ExpoKitApp.app/FiHiAtlas' is not supported.\", NSLocalizedDescription=ERROR ITMS-90046: \"Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle's signature contains code signing entitlements that are not supported on iOS. Specifically, value '*' for key 'com.apple.developer.associated-domains' in 'Payload/ExpoKitApp.app/FiHiAtlas' is not supported.\", NSLocalizedFailureReason=ERROR ITMS-90046: \"Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle's signature contains code signing entitlements that are not supported on iOS. Specifically, value '*' for key 'com.apple.developer.associated-domains' in 'Payload/ExpoKitApp.app/FiHiAtlas' is not supported.\"}"
)
Uploading IPA failed: exit status 1

Here is the relevant build command:

expo-cli build:ios --team-id [REDACTED] --dist-p12-path "certs/atlas-native_dist.p12" --push-p8-path "certs/atlas-native_apns_key.p8" --provisioning-profile-path "certs/atlas-native.mobileprovision"  --apple-id [REDACTED] --release-channel "production" --non-interactive

I was able to resolve the error by incrementing the buildNumber property in app.json. Perhaps this was obvious, but Expo was caching the original build with the faulty associated domains value.

2 Likes

I can confirm that this now works for me and I’m able to build using expo build:ios without any errors about Associated Domains.

Thanks EXPO, for your rapid help! You’re awesome

Thank you charliecruzan & team, I’ve been able to submit successfully this morning.