InvalidCredentials: Failed to authenticate with the FCM server

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version:38.0.8
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

Hi Expo team, i’m currently facing an error i can’t understand.
See, today i was implementing push notifications and i could make it work correctly but suddenly it stopped working in the expo client and then i tried to check if everything was ok and then i used the Push notifications tool and showed me this: InvalidCredentials: Failed to authenticate with the FCM server. Ensure the FCM server key you uploaded is correct.

i don’t know why suddenly shows this because it was working perfectly. The thing is that when i make push notifications using FCM works perfectly.

Can someone help me with this?

1 Like

I am having the same problem. It was working perfectly 3 hours ago.

Im facing the same issue but only when testing on an Android device. It seems to work fine for iOS

Not sure how to notify expo devops team but I think their certificate servers are having issues, I can’t connect neither from the app or the iOS sim.

I have the same issue while defence capstone project for graduate and … :frowning:

You may want to try clearing your FCM credentials and re-uploading them. Alternatively you can use FCM directly outside of the app store development clients.

It would be helpful to clarify if this affects just the Play Store dev client. From what we can see, production apps are unaffected and notification throughput looks nominal

There are no known issues with iOS credentials currently.

hi all, we’ve deployed some changes at 3PM PST yesterday on our servers, and later rolled back at 7:30PM PST. This should put the FCM credentials fetching back to their original behaviour. @edwinmunguia @alvaritokore @thconer please let me know if the problem is still happening, sorry for the inconvenience :frowning: we’ve been tracking this incident at https://status.expo.io/

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.