Ios error "The undocumented Modal API has been removed"

Hi again,
I decide to move on to SDK 30 since the error I got from other topic is not replied yet.
I got this error only in ios device, android device show no problem and work perfectly or so it seems.
The error is :
console.error: “The undocumented Modal API has been removed.”

Can someone please explain what to do with this error ?
Thanks before :slight_smile:

Hey @zetha,

I’ve never seen this error before. :thinking: Can you share the relevant code that is throwing this error?

Cheers,

Adam

I actually encountered the same error when following some code snipped to implement Font loading. (https://github.com/GeekyAnts/NativeBase-KitchenSink/blob/CRNA/src/boot/setup.js)

The error seems to come from:

import * as Expo from "expo";

I resolved it on my end by specifying what i actually want to load (which is better anyways):

import { AppLoading, Font } from "expo";

And then obviously switched Expo.Font to Font etc.

Hopefully that helps someone to resolve this.

Any update on this . I am facing this form last two week . This is holding me to launch my app to stores . Please look into it .

Hey @capatinrishabh,

I think this may be what you need to do: import Expo from 'expo' has been deprecated - #6 by adamjnav

Cheers,

Adam

Make sure you are not using react native script .

"scripts": {
    "start": "expo start",
    "android": "expo start --android",
    "ios": "expo start --ios",
    "eject": "expo eject"
  },

change the packege.json
and whereever you are using import * as Expo from "expo " change it to import {AppLoading , Font } from “expo”

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.