IOS Not Building With Certificated Generated Today

I am attempting to make an iOS build for a client’s application. I manually generated an Apple Distribution Certificate, Provisioning Profile and Push Notification Certificate earlier today when I had access to a Mac, exported the *.p12 files from the Mac and then later tried to perform an Expo build from my Windows machine using WSL, providing the files manually.

This was the output:

✔ Choose the build type you would like: › archive

Checking if there is a build in progress...      

Accessing credentials for <user> in project <project>
✔ Do you have access to the Apple account that will be used for submitting this app to the App Store? … yes
Please enter your Apple Developer Program account credentials. These credentials are needed to manage certificates, keys and provisioning profiles in your Apple Developer 
account.
The password is only used to authenticate with Apple and never stored on Expo servers
Learn more: https://bit.ly/2VtGWhU
✔ Apple ID: … <email>
✔ Password (for <email>): … ***************
Saving Apple ID password to the local Keychain. Learn more https://docs.expo.io/distribution/security#keychain
Authenticating to Apple Developer Portal...
Requesting session...
Authenticated with Apple Developer Portal successfully!
You have 5 teams associated with your account
✔ Which team would you like to use? › 3) <Team ID> "<Client Name>" (Company/Organization)
✔ App ID found on Apple Developer Portal.
✔ Getting Distribution Certificates from Apple...
✔ Will you provide your own Apple Distribution Certificate? › I want to upload my own file

WARNING! In this mode, we won't be able to make sure that your credentials are valid.
Please double check that you're uploading valid files for your app otherwise you may encounter strange errors!

When building for IOS make sure you've created your App ID on the Apple Developer Portal, that your App ID is in app.json as `bundleIdentifier`, and that the provisioning profile you upload matches that Team ID and App ID.

✔ Path to P12 file: … <File Name>
✔ P12 password: … ********
✔ Getting Distribution Certificates from Apple...
✖ The Distribution Certificate is no longer valid on the Apple Developer Portal

It says the certificate is not valid, despite the fact I just generated it. It gives no other error messages.

If I attempt the “Let Expo handle the process” route, it wants me to revoke an existing IOS Distribution Certificate, which I obviously can’t do (they belong to the Client, not me).

If I attempt to skip the credentials check, I just get the error “Standalone build failed!” after it has published the JavaScript bundle(s).

Expo Diagnostics:

Expo CLI 4.0.12 environment info:
    System:
      Shell: 5.0.17 - /bin/bash
    Binaries:
      Node: 14.15.1 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v14.15.1/bin/node
      npm: 6.14.8 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v14.15.1/bin/npm
    npmPackages:
      expo: ^39.0.0 => 39.0.5
      react: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1
      react-dom: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1
      react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-39.0.3.tar.gz => 0.63.2
      react-navigation: ^4.0.10 => 4.4.3
    npmGlobalPackages:
      expo-cli: 4.0.12
    Expo Workflow: managed

Please help.

Are you using the same account and team in expo-cli as you used to generate those credentials?

If you are passing everything manually, you don’t need to specify your apple credentials in eas-cli.

Thanks for responding.

I am using the same Apple Account + Team. Whenever I choose the option to not specify my Apple Credentials (i.e. --skip-credentials-check), the build still fails with the generic error Standalone build failed!.

The only thing I can think of is either Expo isn’t handling App Distribution certificates (which I’ve used in the past on other Expo apps, so that doesn’t seem correct), or when I exported the .p12 from the Mac’s Certificate Manager, I exported the wrong thing (I right clicked on the name of the Certificate, not the Private Key you see if you click the little arrow; I did that because Firebase required the full Certificate).

I’ll try and export out just the Private Key to see if that changes things.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.