iOS Push Notifications not working in TestFlight app

1. SDK Version: 33.0.0
  2. Platform: iOS

I am unable to get iOS push notifications to work when the app is in TestFlight. They work perfectly on the Android Beta version of the app.

I tried running the following command, and it appears to have successfully updated my iOS Distribution certificate, my Profile, and my Expo Push Notifications key…

expo build:ios --clear-credentials --clear-provisioning-profile --clear-dist-cert --clear-push-key --clear-push-cert --no-publish

…but they still don’t work (except in Android).

If I look at the App ID Configutration in Apple Developer Console > Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles > Identifiers

1. Push Notifications is checkmarked
  2. and it says: Configure Certificates (0)

Is there another step I need to do?

Never mind! The steps above actually worked, but when my user reinstalled the app, she registered a new push notification token, and I was using her old token to try to test it. Once I realized she had a new token in the database & used that one instead, it worked!

Yay!

3 Likes

That scenario has bitten me before too. One thing to be aware of is that the user’s device push notification tokens can change, even if the user doesn’t change devices. So you should probably check for that periodically.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.