iOS target device without XCode

Hi guys,

I’m updating existing ios apps after upgrading the Expo SDK (17.0.0). Build for Android works fine, but when I use Application Loader for iOS, I get the following error message:

ERROR ITMS-90101: “This bundle does not support one or more of the devices supported by the previous app version. Your app update must continue to support all devices previously supported. You declare supported devices in Xcode with the Targeted Device Family build setting. Refer to QA1623 for additional information: Documentation Archive

I don’t really understand how I can change deployment targets, as this usually goes via XCode I believe? Is there a way to do this via Expo? Thanks!

Hi there, if you were upgrading from a much older SDK, you may not have had the ios.supportsTablet key which we added at some point. So your old build supports iPads, and the newer one is not configured to support iPads unless you add that key. Try adding ios: { supportsTablet: true } to your exp.json

3 Likes

Sweet that did the trick. Thank a lot!

Hi. My app submission was rejected with this message too. I checked my app.json and I already include {ios.supportsTablet:true}. I supposed it was rejected because I added {“UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities”: [“location-services” ,“gps”]} in my infoPlist. Is there any way I can modify the iOS target without using XCode ?