ipa file size for my build issue

my ipa file size is 180 megabyte after build , is this normal and apple store will accept my app when try to publish it on strore ??? if this is so huge , how can i reduce it ?

Expo CLI 3.0.10 environment info:
System:
Shell: 3.2.57 - /bin/bash
Binaries:
Node: 10.16.0 - /usr/local/bin/node
Yarn: 1.7.0 - /usr/local/bin/yarn
npm: 6.9.0 - /usr/local/bin/npm
Watchman: 4.7.0 - /usr/local/bin/watchman
IDEs:
Xcode: 10.1/10B61 - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
npmPackages:
expo: ^34.0.1 => 34.0.4
react: 16.8.3 => 16.8.3
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-34.0.0.tar.gz => 0.59.8
react-navigation: ^3.11.0 => 3.12.1
npmGlobalPackages:
expo-cli: 3.0.10

Hey @shadymoner,

The size will be reduced when it is uploaded to the App Store as App Thinning is performed.

From our docs:

The size for a managed Expo app on iOS is approximately 20mb (download), and Android is about 15mb. This is because "managed" includes a bunch of APIs regardless of whether or not you are using them — this lets you push over-the-air updates to use new APIs, but comes at the cost of binary size. Some of the APIs that are included are tied to services that you may not be using, for example the Facebook Mobile SDK is included to support Facebook Login and Facebook Ads, along with the Google Mobile SDK for similar reasons. We will make this customizable in the future, so you can trim down the size of your binaries.

Cheers,
Adam

great thank you sir

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.